KATJA MARIA SLOTTE
• Singer, singing http://www.newportclinic.co.uk/, vocal coach, music educator and musician.
• Was hired for her first teaching job at the age of 17 and has been teaching music and singing for nearly two decades.
• Music teaching experience includes Preschool, Elementary, Middle and High School, Early Childhood, music for babies, music theory, ear-training.
• Specialised in the singing voice and singing methodology.
• Maintains a private voice studio in Rotterdam (NL) and online, where she coaches singers on all levels from professional artists and singing teachers to hobbyist singers. Coaches choirs and is a guest teacher at many theater schools, music schools and conservatories around Europe.
• Clients include: Stichting Buitenkunst; SKVR Jazz School; The Vocal Couch; Institut de Formation de l’Éducation Nationale (IFEN), Luxembourg; Rockway Finland, Dutch Academy of Performing Arts, The Hague; Theateropleiding Selma Susanna, Amsterdam; Fontys Rock Academy, Tilburg, Jeugdtheaterschool Hofplein, Rotterdam; MBO Theaterschool, Rotterdam; Estonian Society for Music Education; The American School of The Hague, The British School in The Netherlands, the Conservatory of Music in Jakobstad, Musik- och Kulturskolan Sandels, Helsinki.
• Performs as a singer and pianist, eg. with The More The Mary.
• Originally from Finland, currently based in The Netherlands.
• Central Ostrobothnian Conservatory, Kokkola. Piano and classical singing.
• Sibelius-Academy, Helsinki. Pop/Jazz vocals, Music Education with a specialisation in Early Childhood Music Education and Music and Movement / Orff-Schulwerk. Bachelor and Master of Music degrees.
• Complete Vocal Institute in Copenhagen. Singer/singing teacher education, Authorised Complete Vocal Technique (CVT) Teacher.
• Codarts (Conservatory of Rotterdam), voice and flute: Brazilian music and Jazz.
• Ongoing professional development, eg. singing techniques (CVT, Singing And The Actor / Gillyanne Kayes, Connected Singing/Sanne Graulund), body work (yoga, Feldenkrais, Alexander Technique)