1. Your personality is your most important tool.
2. Make your views come true.
3. Always respect people.
4. Recognize your own limitations.
5. Be consistent and reliable.
6. Develop a sensitivity to experience things from the point of view of whom you educate.
7. Be ready for self-criticism, yet without abandoning yourself.
8. Leave space for whom you educate – also for making mistakes.
9. Do not break the agreements and promises that you have made.
10. Cherish your inner freedom, which is your most precious capital.
By Martti Lindqvist
Translated from Finnish by Katja Maria Slotte